By David Polk
Read or Download Over The Top: Veterans of the First World War PDF
Similar military history books
The USS Bullhead used to be the final American naval vessel misplaced in international warfare II. this is often the submarine's background - from release to disappearance - as informed by way of the one battle correspondent allowed on a wartime submarine patrol. slender escapes from floating mines, diving to prevent enemy plane, and a bold sortie to rescue 3 badly damage military survivors of a downed B-52.
The higher South—Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Virginia—was the scene of the main harmful struggle ever fought on American soil. Contending armies swept around the area from the outset of the Civil conflict till its finish, marking their passage at Pea Ridge, Shiloh, Perryville, and Manassas. along this much-studied clash, the Confederacy additionally waged an abnormal warfare, in line with nineteenth-century ideas of unconventional conflict.
Professionally switched over for exact flowing-text booklet layout copy, this significant venture file offers a chronological assessment of the Navy's communications actions, which examines the technological advancements of the Navy's shore-based communications structures and identifies the valuable installations serious about the Navy's communications efforts The research additionally examines the valuables varieties linked to the Navy's chilly conflict conversation application, corresponding to transmitter stations, receiver stations, excessive frequency path finder (HF/DF) stations, and many of the antenna kinds.
With the stroke of a pen, the signing of the Armistice on November eleven, 1918 promised a global of peace and cooperation. Popularly referred to as "the struggle to finish all wars," the good conflict used to be meant to avoid incidents just like the one at Sarajevo in 1914. usually, peace and concord did proceed, a minimum of till Hitler invaded Poland in 1939.
- Hong Kong Internment, 1942-1945: Life in the Japanese Civilian Camp at Stanley (Royal Asiatic Society Hong Kong Studies Series)
- Royal Navy Strategy in the Far East 1919-1939: Planning for War Against Japan (Cass Series: Naval Policy and History)
- Sorrows Revisited: Personal Histories: France, 1940-1944
- Most Secret Agent of Empire: Reginald Teague-Jones, Master Spy of the Great Game
- Thunder Below!: The USS *Barb* Revolutionizes Submarine Warfare in World War II
- From St Vith to Victory: 218 (Gold Coast) Squadron and the Campaign Against Nazi Germany
Additional resources for Over The Top: Veterans of the First World War
Over The Top: Veterans of the First World War by David Polk